Serving size: 2 cups | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2-3 cups milk of choice
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1” inch knob of fresh ginger; thinly sliced
- 5 green cardamom pods
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 3 pieces of long pepper
- 2-4 tsp honey
- Garnish: Cinnamon powder
- In a medium sauce pan, heat choice of milk on medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Add spices (turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, and long pepper). Home chef tip: Before adding spices to milk, use a mortar and pestle to crush the spices. This releases massive amounts of flavor that makes the tea more robust. Adding whole spices instead of powdered makes the tea creamy and luxurious (instead of gritty).
- Whisk continuously for 2 minutes; don't allow tea to boil over.
- Add 2-4 tsp of honey, depending upon desired sweetness. Gently whisk for another 2 minutes or until honey is dissolved.
- Use a small strainer or mesh sieve to strain tea into a mug.
- Home chef tip: Froth milk by using a frother or whisk vigorously. Sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top for a beautiful finish. Enjoy!
We are set to launch our spices soon. If you want to get on the priority list for pre-orders, please click here!
We sincerely hope you enjoyed this dish. Take a quick peek at our store for any items you may need to recreate this delicious recipe!