- 3 large purple sweet potatoes; peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 3-5 cloves of garlic; chopped
- ½ shallot (or white onion); chopped
- 8-12 curry leaves
- ⅓ cup cilantro stem; diced
- ½ tsp cumin seed
- ½ tsp fenugreek seed
- ½ tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp salt (to taste)
- 2 Tbs Ghee
- Optional: 1 serrano chili; diced
- Heat large frying pan on medium-high heat and place ghee into pan.
- Add fenugreek, cumin, and curry leaves into heated pan. Mix for 2 minutes.
- Add onions, garlic, and serrano chili. Cook for 4-5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add chopped purple sweet potatoes to pan and cover with lid. Cook on high-medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro stems.
- Optional: If a more buttery consistency is desired, add another Tbs of ghee.
We are set to launch our spices soon. If you want to get on the priority list for pre-orders, please click here!
We sincerely hope you enjoyed this dish. Take a quick peek at our store for any items you may need to recreate this delicious recipe!