Serving Size: 3-4 | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 live Dungeness crabs
- 3 medium sized tomatoes; finely chopped
- 1/2 white onion; chopped
- 4 cloves garlic; chopped
- 1 tbs ghee
- Optional: 1 serrano or 2 Thai chilies; chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro; chopped
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 2 cups water
- 3 tsp Trinity Seed Blend
- 5-7 curry leaves; whole
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs Fijian Masala
- Remove live crab from refrigerator (hold their backend to avoid being pinched) and place in a large mixing bowl with warm running water. It will stop moving.
- Using a cleaver, remove the top shell of the crab and place in trash. Scoop out the innards of the crab and put to the side (this will be used in the saute).
- Cut the body in half and remove the legs, set to the side.
- Repeat with second crab.
- Heat kadai pan or stock pot to medium-high heat. Add ghee
- Add fenugreek, cumin, mustard seeds, and curry leaf to the pan. Stir and cook for 2 minutes
- Add onion, garlic, chili's, and crab innards. Cook for 3 minutes
- Add tomato, cook for 1 minute
- Add turmeric, red chili powder, Fiji masala, and salt. Mix well
- Add 1/2 cup water and then crab pieces to mixture, cook down for 10 minutes
- In a separate bowl, add tamarind paste in 2 cups of water. With hands, squish the tamarind pulp until incorporated into the water. Add cumin powder, mix well
- Pour tamarind and cumin powder water mixture into the stock pot; let cook for 15 minutes or until the liquid has thickened
- Garnish with chopped cilantro
We are set to launch our spices soon. If you want to get on the priority list for pre-orders, please click here!