Serving size: 2-3 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes
- ½ sourdough baguette
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp goat cheese
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 pie pumpkin
- 2 tsp sage
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut pie pumpkin in half. Scoop out seeds and innards.
- Brush olive oil over halved pumpkin pieces and place in oven. Bake for 25 minutes or until soft.
- Cut ½ inch slices of sourdough baguette. Brush with olive oil on both sides and place on hot griddle until golden brown; 1-3 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Remove pumpkin from oven, inserting a knife into the middle and sides to check doneness; if the knife goes through without resistance, it is done.
- Scoop out inside of pumpkins into a bowl, add honey, a pinch of salt, and mash well.
- Smear goat cheese on warm crostini's, then add pumpkin mixture.
- Finely chop fresh sage leaves and garnish on top. Enjoy this delicious appetizer!