Serving Size: 3-4 | Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins
- 1 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 1 lb raw sea scallops; room temperature (if you are buying your scallops frozen, thaw them out and be sure to remove the moisture from thawing with paper towels)
- White or yellow tortillas
- 1/2 onion diced
- 5 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 1/2 tbs chopped ginger
- 4 tomatoes diced
- 1/2 head of cilantro chopped (use the stems, why not?!)
- 2 tbsp tamarind juice
- 3-4 Thai chilies chopped
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1 tsp fenugreek
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 5-7 curry leaves; whole
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs Fijian Masala
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 1/2 head of cilantro; chopped
- 3-4 quartered limes
- Prepare the ingredients. Set to the side.
- Heat non-stick sauté pan to medium-high heat; add 1/2 tbs ghee.
- Wait until the pan is heated. Add scallops (careful not to overcrowd the pan). Sear scallops 2 1/2 minutes on each side. Once you have seared all of your scallops, transfer them to a plate and set them aside.
- Heat non-stick saucepan to medium-high heat; add 1 tbsp ghee.
- Once heated, add cumin seed, mustard seed, fenugreek, and curry leaves. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, Thai chilies, and ginger; cook for another 2 minutes or until onions are slightly translucent.
- Add tomatoes cook for 2-3 minutes until tomatoes have cooked down.
- Add spices; turmeric, red chili powder, masala, and salt. Mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add scallops to the tomato mixture and stir well; Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat, add cilantro and tamarind juice to finish. You may add more salt to taste if needed.
- Heat up your store-bought tortillas, add the delicious scallop curry mix, and garnish with freshly chopped onion, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.
We sincerely hope you enjoyed this dish. Take a quick peek at our store for any items you may need to recreate this delicious recipe!