Serving Size: 4-5 | Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1 fillet of wild salmon (fresh or previously frozen); cut into cubes
- 2-3 medium red potatoes; quartered
- 2 cups Lacinato (Dino) kale; de-stemmed and cut into ribbons
- 1/2 red onion; roughly diced
- 3-5 garlic cloves; chopped
- 1 tbs ginger; chopped
- 4 tomatoes; diced
- 3 tbs ghee
- Optional: 1-2 Thai chilies; chopped
- 1 ½ tsp mustard seed
- 1 ½ tsp fenugreek
- 1 ½ tsp cumin seed
- 5-7 curry leaves; whole
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs Fijian Masala
- 1/2 lemon; squeezed
- 1/2 cup cilantro; chopped
- Prepare the ingredients. Set to the side.
- Season cubed salmon with 1 tsp of turmeric, red chili powder, salt, and Fijian masala. Make sure salmon is coated with spices.
- Prepare a plate with paper 2 paper towels on top. Set aside.
- Heat non-stick sauté to medium-high heat; add 1 ½ tbs of ghee.
- When oil in pan is heated, fry 2-3 pieces of salmon at a time for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Place salmon pieces on top of paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Heat separate non-stick sauté pan to medium-high heat; add 1 ½ tbs of ghee.
- Once ghee in pan is heated, add cumin seed, mustard seed, fenugreek, and curry leaves. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add onion and potato. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add ginger, garlic, Thai chilies, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes until tomatoes have cooked down.
- Add spices; 1/2 tsp each of turmeric, red chili powder, masala, and salt. Mix well.
- Add Lacinato kale ribbons. Cover and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Once potatoes are soft, add cooked salmon.
- Turn off heat, add cilantro and lemon juice to finish. You may add more salt to taste if needed.
- Note: You may have to add water if the sauté mixture becomes dry and starts to stick to the pan while cooking.
We are set to launch our spices soon. If you want to get on the priority list for pre-orders, please click here!
We sincerely hope you enjoyed this dish. Take a quick peek at our store for any items you may need to recreate this delicious recipe!